Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mr. Monday Night


Okay so I know that I am taking entirely too long to blog about my favorite football teams this week. I'll try to do better next week. ;-)

Anyway, how 'bout that Keith Bullock? Mr. Monday Night no doubt. He had 3 interceptions. What fun to watch. He also had 4 tackles. Not a bad night, huh? LOL

We had 4 interceptions on the night with one going all the way back for a touchdown. VY spread the ball around pretty well. He threw to 7 different receivers for 164 yards. His passing yards may not look all that great, but I'm happy with it. It means that the running game is working for us at the moment.

I do love to watch VY play. Unlike a couple other mobile QBs he doesn't run at the first sign of trouble. He gives his receivers a little time to get open and lets the play develop. He scans the field and if there isn't a play or his protection starts to break down then he takes off. He's still scanning the field until he reaches the line of scrimmage. If there is a pass play to be found he will go for that. I like that. He understands that this is a team sport and he can't do it on his own. I've heard several announcers say that he wants to be a quarterback first and a runner last. You definitely see that on the field. He is going to be one of the great ones and I am so looking forward to watching him for years to come.

Oh yeah, if you didn't already know.................Titans win 31-14. ;-)

No comments: