Saturday, September 15, 2007

UGA 45 Western Carolina 16


This was to be expected. It was a good game for us. We needed a big win after last week. I wish I could have watched though. It was only on pay-per-view. I kinda watched on foxsports.com's Game Trax. It was okay. They updated pretty quickly and I didn't have to keep hitting the refresh button.

Here are some stats from the game:
1. Stafford was 14/20 for 174 yards and 2 TDs. Cox came in and was 3/6 for 48 yards and 1 TD.
2. Moreno had 13 carries for 94 yards....average of 7.2 (guys, this kid is going to be fun to watch for the next few years! I can't wait!) Brown had 10 carries for 42 yards....average 4.2 (not bad averages for our top 2 running backs)
3. Goodman had 2 catches for 51 yards and Massaquoi was right behind him with 3 catches for 47 yards.
4. We played 5 different running backs (not including Stafford) and had roughly 157 yards rushing.
5. Stafford spread the ball around in the air too. He threw to 10 different receivers.

It is good to see these stats even though it was against a team we were expected to beat.

Next up...............Alabama. I have no hard feelings towards the Tide. No major hatred (they aren't orange after all). I'll not be happy if we don't beat them, but I won't be completely ticked off. Okay so maybe I will be completely ticked off, but not because I hate them. LOL I'll be at my cousin's wedding for this game. Luckily they are getting married early in the day and we will be out in time for the game (her hubby to be is a huge UGA fan too..........we'll get along just fine). I'll have to update when I get home on Sunday.

No comments: