Sunday, September 30, 2007

It was a great football Saturday for this football fan!

It was a day of upsets. Some very highly ranked teams went down to seemingly lesser teams. My favorite upset? Well, it was Auburn beating the hated Gators of course. LOL The score was 20-17 with a late field goal for Auburn. Sweet!! I didn't get to watch the game since Michael and I went out to celebrate my birthday. I know that I wrote earlier about how Auburn was struggling this season, but they definitely got up for this game. Good for them. It concerns me for our meeting in Athens on November 10. Mostly because in our meetings the visiting team seems to get the win. I have no idea why that is though. It's very frustrating. LOL

Some of the other major upsets on the day?

Colorado beats #3 Oklahoma
University of South FL beats #5 W. Virginia
Kansas State beats #7 Texas
Maryland beats #10 Rutgers
Georgia Tech beats #13 Clemson
Florida State beats #22 Alabama

Note that none of these winning teams are ranked in the top 25 and 4 of the top 10 teams went down yesterday. This makes this UGA fan very happy when my boys are ranked at 15. I'll be interested to see how far up we go this week.

No comments: