Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Better late than never


Sorry this is so late, but I was in Florida over the weekend with no computer and when I got home last night I was too exhausted to even think about writing this post. LOL

As I'm sure you are well aware, my Dawgs played on Saturday. I've been a little nervous (still am really) about this season. I went into Saturday's game against Oklahoma State with my fingers crossed. This was not a "cake walk" game. It was supposed to be a winable game, but not a patsy by any means. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. My beloved Dawgs showed up and played a damn good game. There were several question marks (WR, OL, DE etc.) all through the summer and recent practice. Our offensive coordinator, Mike Bobo, called a great game. He called plays that took the pressure off of our young offensive line. They were quick plays and the O line stepped up. I think that gave them some confidence and they will only get better from here. Our wide receivers did well too. They were catching hell all summer for NOT catching the ball. We had a lot of dropped balls last season and it looked like we were going to get the same thing this year. They stepped up too. I think there may have been just one notable dropped pass on Saturday. Not bad if you ask me. I hope they can keep it up. I was so frustrated with them last year. LOL Oh and I can't forget to mention our running backs! They did an awesome job. Knowshon Moreno and Thomas Brown being the two top rushers averaging 3.5 and 4 yards per carry. Not bad at all.

Some stats of interest:
1. 164 rushing yards
2. 234 passing yards
3. 18 first downs (7 of 15 on 3rd down)
4. 1 interception returned for 41 yards.
5. We were 5 of 6 in red zone scoring.
6. Stafford was 18 of 24 passing.

I'm not saying that we are awesome and going to go undefeated this year. I'm a huge fan, but I'm also a very realistic fan. I think we have a chance at taking the SEC and I'm really hoping for it, but a lot rides on UT and the hated Gators. Those are must win games for us. BTW, I'm still trying to find a way for both teams to lose when they play each other. *sigh*

Up next? The Ol' Ball Coach (rolling my eyes here..............definitely no love for Spurrier in this blog) is coming to town. South Carolina will be a bigger test for us. SEC opponents are always tough. Even Vandy. No joke! They always seem to play us well and have been known to beat us, but I don't like to think about that. LOL No smart ass comments from UT fans either. I seem to remember a recent loss to them for y'all too. :-P

Oh, one more thing. Can I just say that ESPN2 totally ticked me off!! The game before us went over and instead of leaving that "nothing" (no offense to those teams....can't even remember who was playing) game and giving us highlights of it they opted to finish that game and highlight the UGA game. We missed the first 2 (if I remember correctly) scores. I was NOT a happy camper. I hope they make a better choice (see the teacher coming out in me? LOL) next week.

Oh......another thing! Yes, this post will eventually end. LOL

Congratulations to Appalachian State on their win over Michigan (overrated team and conference, but I'm not bitter.)

No comments: