Tuesday, September 25, 2007

So..........did you watch that game?


I'm talking about the UGA/Bama game. I was watching on a big screen plasma t.v. at my cousin's wedding after party. It was great. I had a boat load of people watching with me who love the game and the team as much as I do. I haven't had that in a very long time. I miss that feeling. LOL

I have to say though that I absolutely HATE games like that. I'd rather win or lose by much more and overtime not be an issue. They are way too stressful for me. I was a complete freak AND I was a little on the tipsy side so my usual football language was worse than usual. LOL I almost busted my cell phone on the floor when we missed the field goal at the end of regulation. I was not a happy camper! The groom had just jinxed the heck out of us when he said that we had this one since Coutu was kicking. I thought I was going to strangle him!! He should know better than to say something like that during a game!!! Needless to say Coutu missed the field goal. Overtime here we come. UGH!!! I hate overtime when it is my team! Luckily we came out on the winning end of this one. Am I surprised we won the game? Yeah, just a little. I went in with not too much confidence. We hadn't been playing all that well and Bama was kicking ass. Didn't help my confidence much at all. I do like nice surprises though. ;-) That touchdown pass to Mikey Henderson was absolutely fabulous! I had to watch it on replay though. I was on my knees covering my head with my hands. Typical pose for me in close games by the way. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to have a pillow to help cover the frustrated screams. LOL

Here are some of the stats from the game:
1. Stafford 19 of 35 for 224 yards.
2. Moreno 17 rushes for 76 yards.....average 4.3 with 1 TD.
3. 377 total yards.
4. We were 1 for 1 on 4th down.

It was a great game and I can enjoy it now, but let's hope that we don't play anymore that close again. I'd just rather win convincingly in regulation thankyouverymuch!

No comments: