Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I need a vacation

Being a mom of two very young kids, a wife, and a teacher there are times when all I can think about is getting away. Sometimes I don't have a destination in mind. I just want to get away from my responsibilities for a couple of days. I have learned that it is important to take time out for myself to re-energize in order to be a better mom, wife, and teacher.

As important as it is for me to get that "me" time it is equally important that I get some quality time with my husband. When we want a nice relaxing weekend we like to go to a nice bed and breakfast in the mountains. A place were we can relax, go hiking or horseback riding, and if we are lucky get in some fishing (okay, the fishing is just for me. LOL).

How do I find my oasis of peace? I look online at Cheap Hotels. If I don't have a particular destination in mind already I can go on this site and search for cities by drive time. You can book an entire vacation package on one site. You can book a cruise, flights and rental cars too.

When you click on a particular city/cruise the available packages and their prices come up on the first page. You can compare prices without clicking on each individual one. It's great! You can make your reservations online or by calling an agent, whichever you are most comfortable doing. You can save up to 70% on your get away. They even offer incentives!! They offer up to a $100 rebate for a 12 night vacation and you can get a gas rebate of $30. Can't beat that with gas prices what they are these days.

So, if you are ready for a vacation just click and start relaxing.



No comments: