Saturday, June 09, 2007

Well, my first born leaves me for a week today.

My dad is coming to get him and should be here around lunchtime. I've gone away on my girls' weekends before, but either he stayed home with Michael or my mom came to our house to keep him. Those were only weekends too. This time he is going away and I am staying home. He is going to be gone for a week. I'm sure he will have a great time swimming, fishing, and riding the 4-wheeler, but I am going to miss him terribly. Yes, even though he has been a royal pain in the a$$ this last week. LOL I bet Ari is going to miss him too. He is so excited right now waiting on PaPaw to get here. He keeps asking me when he is going to come get him. I'm not sure how I am going to handle him leaving though. He has gone over there without me one other time and Daddy came to get him from school. We had a funeral to go to and so my dad kept him for a couple days. I cried when they left. I probably will today too. *sigh*

UPDATE:
They got here around 3pm. Joshua was ready to go! LOL When they left at 3:30 Joshua was blowing kisses and grinning hugely. Ari, however, was crying. I'm not sure if she was crying because they were taking her brother or because they were not taking her too. I didn't cry. I think the only reason I wasn't crying is because he wasn't. He was just too excited. They have called me twice already. I thought I would be the one calling. LOL They just wanted to assure me that he was okay and to check on Ari. The last time they called he was outside playing on the swing set. If they encounter any problems it will be at bedtime, but I think if Daddy goes in with him until he is asleep he will do fine. Heck, he may fall asleep in Daddy's lap watching Star Wars. LOL

Now, what to do tomorrow with only one kid? It is going to feel very weird having to chase after only one.

No comments: