Thursday, June 07, 2007

No more paci (we hope)

Night 1:

At bedtime we have 45 minutes of crying, "I want my paci." "I want my daddy to give me my paci." "I don't want you lie down with me anymore, go to living room by yourself." I'd say she was mad at me. LOL I left her room and went to the living room. She comes in and we rock for awhile. She finally went to sleep, but woke up in the transfer. I let her lie on the couch for awhile. At 10:30pm we went back to her bed. She stayed awake until about 11:30pm, crying most of the time. She woke up again a little later crying. I gave in and gave her the paci because I had to be up early to help at school with registration.

Night 2:

I let her stay up a little later thinking she would be so tired she would go right off to sleep. Didn't happen. We laid in her bed from around 10pm until Michael got home around 11:30pm. She was wide awake. No crying this time though. She did ask for it a couple times, but she never cried. We came into the living room and rocked again. Again, she went to sleep this time around midnight and woke up in the transfer. I stayed with her and we both went to sleep. I got up at a little after 1am and went to bed. She woke up around 1:45 crying for her paci and me. Michael told her he would get me. As he was leaving her room she rolled over and went back to sleep. She slept the rest of the night.

I'm hoping she goes to bed earlier tonight not only because she needs the sleep, but because I have an in-service in the morning. Really, she is doing better than I thought she would do. I never expected the staying up so late though. I'm tired. LOL

Night 3:

Well, she finally went to sleep at 10:50pm. It was a struggle. She didn't cry the entire time, but off and on. This staying up thing is really going to have to end. We both need our sleep. She is still getting up at her regular time no matter what time she goes to sleep. Maybe I should cut out the naps until she gets back on schedule? I hate to even think about that. Maybe I'll just make sure she goes down for a nap earlier than she has been.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. I am not looking forward to dealing with this, but I know I need to soon. Good luck with night three.

Beth said...

Stephanie was attached to her bottle. So we got her of her Nana by having her tell it bye bye and hubby literally threw it out the window going down the road. She never asked for it again. Maybe you should have Ari have a Paci bye bye party and let her throw it away. Hope you get some rest soon, sounds like it's been very eventful around your house. :)

{{HUGS}}