Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Say it ain't so...............PLEASE!!!

Larry Munson (you know, the guy who calls the UGA games) is 50-50 on whether he is coming back this season!! I can't even begin to imagine listening to a game without him! He brings the games to life for me. When my mom wouldn't let me watch UGA games on tv I turned to radio and that is where I first heard Munson call a game. I was enthralled. After that I would watch on tv and listen to him whenever possible. I've missed listening to him since I moved to TN. Kinda ticks me off that I can't listen to him up here. I can listen in Jacksonville. Last year I got to listen to him call the game against Tech. Christian was with me and got to hear him for the first time. He really enjoyed it. He was amazed at how well Munson pulls the emotion out of the fans. You are listening, but it's almost like you are there. I think that is because Munson loves the Dawgs as much as we do and he feels what we are feeling at any given moment. It will be a sad day for the Dawgs and the Dawg Nation when Larry Munson steps down. He is the best in the business. Please Larry, don't retire yet. My kids haven't had a chance to appreciate what you do yet.

Oh yeah, did y'all know that Larry and I share a birthday? ;-)

1 comment:

Merritt Fields said...

NNOOOOOOOOO!!!