Tuesday, December 19, 2006

WOOHOO!! I'm free!!

Well, for 2 weeks anyway. Today was the last day of school until January 3. Actually, the teachers have to be back on the second for a workday, but I consider that a "free" day too.........no kids! I really needed this break. I was getting incredibly stressed out. I know that most of it was just the last week before Christmas break is horrible. The kids are so excited that it's hard to get them to concentrate on anything. Either way, I needed this break.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I have to take the kids for haircuts, wrap the remaining presents, clean the house really well, clean out the van (so we have room for the presents, luggage, and dog), pack our stuff, oh......and do laundry. Geez, I just keep thinking of things I have to do.

Luckily, I'm finished shopping. Well, except for 3 people. I know what I am getting them though. I just haven't picked the stuff up yet. I won't see them until after Christmas so I'll just wait to do that.

I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you have some time to relax, although it sounds like you have a lot to do. I feel your pain, as you read Justice was in the hosptial the majority of last week, piling up things I need to get done and not being able to take him out, it has been tough. I hope you are able to get what you need to done and enjoy your Christmas! Thanks for stopping by!

Merritt Fields said...

Y'all got out late. We were out Friday and I start on Jan.4 and the kids don't get to school until the 8th.
Glad you have a break!
I need to clean, too. But I'm not doing it today!!

peach said...

Enjoy your time off and have a very Merry Christmas!!