Sunday, December 10, 2006

Welcome back to Texas Vince!!

How 'bout them Titans!!!

What? Did you think you would get through more than a week with no football talk? It's still football season, isn't it? LOL

Welcome home Vince!! Great game my boys! I was worried there for a little while, but our fearless leader lead us to victory once again. I think it was fitting that he run for the winning touchdown. It was, after all, his homecoming. I have to wonder where this team would be if we would have started Vince at the beginning of the season. He sure is fun to watch and the team seems to have a lot of confidence in him. It looks like they are having so much fun these days. I'm excited about the coming years.

Some stats from today's game.

Vince was 19 of 29 for 218 yards, 1 interception, 7 rushes for 86 yards, and 1 rushing touchdown. He was spreading the ball around again throwing to 8 different receivers. Drew Bennett was the leading receiver with 6 catches for 113 yards. The leading rusher was Travis Henry with 20 carries for 88 yards.

And, the other game of interest for me today was Jags/Colts. Colts lost! WOOHOO!! They lost big too (44-17). The Colts defense is horrible. The gave up 375 yards of rushing! Even Peyton couldn't keep them in the game with that kind of defense. I like Dan Marino's take on the situation. He says that the Colts have a "drug" problem. "They are being drug up one side of the field and drug down the other." LOL Seems to fit.

3 comments:

John H said...

I love the double-up of the Titans winning and the whiney-baby-Peyton's colt's losing. I love the peyton manning face when things aren't going well for the golden boy.

Most of all, I love Vince Young. thank you floyd/bud/jeff for picking this guy. WOW.

John H said...

doh! I didn't realize you were married to a blog celebrity until now..whattan idiot i am...

I love the Bez-meister and now i'm enjoying yours as well!

Paige said...

I'll have to tell him he is a celebrity! ROFL He will get a kick out of that!

I'm lovin' Vince too. He was actually my pick for us in the draft. I was very excited when we picked him.

I hate Peyton!! Love to see him lose. Have always enjoyed seeing him lose..........you know..........being a UGA girl and all! LOL