Sunday, December 31, 2006

Freshman QB referenced by NFL announcers

I'm sitting here watching my Tennessee Titans and the guys announcing the game just referenced my Dawgs QB, Matthew Stafford. Last night Stafford had a very good fake hand off play where he held the ball on his hip for what seemed like forever. Then he threw a completed pass. It was a great play. Well, the NFL announcers just made reference to it while talking about a fake by the Patriots. Pretty cool if you ask me. Stafford getting some notice as a freshman even if it is just from the announcers. I'm sure he is getting some notice from others too though. He really is going to be an awesome QB.

2 comments:

Merritt Fields said...

Our season was not great, but considering how young our team is, it was better than could have (or possibly, should have) been. AND we beat Auburn. If we can ever get over our weird fear of Florida, we'll be awesome!!!

Paige said...

Amen to that! They seem to have a mental block when it comes to the hated Gators. My husband rolls his eyes when I say that, but how else would you explain it? We can be ranked in the top 5 and them not ranked or ranked much lower and we still can't beat them. Drives me nuts!!