Thursday, December 14, 2006

The never ending week

I swear this has been the longest week. My 1st graders are driving me completely batty. This is the absolute worst week of the entire school year. Worse even than the week before summer vacation. The kids are way too excited to sit still. I left school on Monday with the worst migraine. I just knew I was going to be sick. Drinking a Coke didn't even work and that usually fixes me right up. I had to come home, take some medicine, and lie on the couch. I put Star Wars in the DVD player and let the kids watch that while I slept. I knew that it would keep them occupied and quiet while the medicine did it's job. I think today was actually the first day I left school without a headache. Bad thing is I have one more day this week. We will be in school 2 days next week, but they really aren't "teaching" days. We will be doing fun activities and watching some Christmas movies. I won't need to keep their attention for academic reasons really.

Okay, I think I'm done rambling now. ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I swear Paige, I don't see how you do it. There's no way possible I could teach kids. I don't have the tolerance I used to. Teachers deserve attention than they get. Bravo for a job well done!!