Thursday, December 28, 2006

On with the show!

Okay, no more about the break in. I've made all the calls I need to make and talked to everyone I needed to talk to. I'm moving on now.

Our vacation was wonderful. We were on Amelia Island in Florida. I grew up there and my family is all still there. It was great seeing my mom. I really miss her. We did some shopping of course. LOL I think we opened presents 3 or 4 times altogether. The kids loved it. We will open presents one more time at least. Christian is coming over on his next day off. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of the them opening their presents. They were very excited though. Joshua loved his big boy bicycle and even wears his helmet. Ari loved her baby and stroller. I don't think she has stopped playing with it yet. They baby is almost as big as she is, but she doesn't care.

It took us almost 12 hours to get home yesterday. Traffic in Atlanta was horrible as usual. This time, though, we got caught on both the north side and the south side. When we unpacked the car last night we just piled everything in the living room. Talk about a huge mess!! So, today has been very busy. We've cleaned out the living room (now the kids' rooms are a mess! LOL) and I've started laundry. The kitchen and bar are still a disaster, but they can wait awhile. I had to go grocery shopping this morning since there was absolutely nothing in this house to eat. The kids were starving of course. Michael had to go to work today so now I have the kids down for naps and I'm playing on the computer. I should be continuing to clean, but it's just not happening now. The living room is clean so that will do for now. LOL

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Santa was good to you. If you want to see the pictures Michael did take just click here. There are some pretty good shots and please ignore the pictures of me. They are not the good shots!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation. I need one. LOL. Santa was very good to everyone this year. It's good when he listens.

peach said...

I'm glad you had such a great time. The photos make me long for the beach!! Don't worry, my house is still trashed from the parental visit....and I don't even have kids! :) We've got a game to watch tomorrow, girl. Go Dawgs!!!

Paige said...

Peach: Yes ma'am!! I'm be parked in front of my tv with a cold beverage or two!! I can't wait!! Wish I could be in Atlanta though.