Friday, October 19, 2007

What happens when your car starts costing more than your payment?

I'm afraid that my car is about to start costing us quite a bit more than my car payment. Just recently I've had to get an alignment and tire rotation and yesterday I had to buy a new battery. Now he "drive" light is blinking. We called the dealership and they said that is an indication of transmission trouble. Ugh!!! Do you know how much it costs to fix/replace a transmission? Way more than we have to spare. Then we have to add in that Michael's car has something going on too. *sigh* If it's not one thing it's another.

Does all this mean that things are going to continue breaking on one or the other of our cars? If so, would it be worth it to get at least one new car? I don't necessarily want a new car since we have a great monthly payment on the one we have and I'm not sure we could get another car at what we are paying now.

If we were to get a new car you know my first choice would be a Dodge Ram Quad Cab (full size of course). I also like the Charger, but it would have to come with some cool Dodge Charger accessories. Hee hee! Anyone know where we could get a great deal on a new vehicle?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is where I am at with my "drive to work car". I have a 1992 Toyota camry with 290k miles and is stil working like a charn. The problem...the AC just went out. So is it worth spending 5-800 dollars on repairs or should I put that toward a new car? I feel your pain.