Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm exhausted

It has been a long day. I was up early to go to school and move my classroom. I'm just moving down the hall, but it is still a big job. I guess I should give credit to my wonderful husband since he is the one who actually did the moving of the boxes. We came home for naps and then went back. I left the school at around 6:45pm. It's not easy unpacking all those boxes with 2 kids running wild in the classroom either let me tell you. They would not stay out of my sink and I had water all over the floor. I'll be back up there tomorrow and over the weekend. School starts on Aug 1 and my room isn't close to being ready. Ugh!!! It's usually all done by now. I hate having to move rooms.

Oh and can I just say that my whole body hurts? I swear that I've got muscles that I didn't know I had that are hurting. Who would have thought that your upper body can hurt from running/walking? I had to take 600 mg of Ibuprofen last night just to get to sleep. LOL I didn't get to go walking today since we went to school as soon as we got up and then Michael had to work tonight. I guess it will be the weekend before I get to do it again or maybe if I get up early enough in the morning, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Your days sounds about like mine. I didn't realize that a teacher spends so much time in the classroom before school starts.

Paige said...

Oh man, people who think that teachers only work school hours. LOL I wish I had a $1 for everyone who thought that. ;-) Setting up the classroom isn't even all we have to do. We have in-services that we have to attend. This year we had to get 4 days on our own time and then we have at least 5 others scheduled by the school system before school starts. Short summers are even shorter for teachers. *sigh*