Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Holiday blues

It's amazing how quickly something can trigger a memory. I was looking at a friend's online pictures of her daughter, nieces, and nephews helping decorate their great-grandfather's Christmas tree. It brought back so many memories for me. I used to love helping my grand parents put up their tree. They are gone now. As much as I love those memories they make me sad at this time of year. I miss them tremendously. I miss the fun I had at their house during Christmas. I miss helping my grandma bake pies and cakes, cookies and candy. I miss sitting around the huge quilting frame in the living room while she worked on a quilt. I miss sitting with my grandpa trying to coax him into letting someone take his picture. I miss taking a walk or a ride with him just to get away from the craziness of the house. It makes me incredibly sad knowing that they won't know my kids and that my kids won't know them. They would have loved each other so much.

1 comment:

SoCal Sal said...

Awwwww sweetie. {{HUG}}

Just think of the traditions you’re starting with your children.