Thursday, November 02, 2006

Pleurisy

Ever had it? Let me just tell you that it is excruciatingly painful! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Well, maybe one person, but I'd wish a lot worse on her. LOL I was finally diagnosed with it today. I could have gotten medicine for it on Tuesday if the stupid doctor would have listened to me, but I had to suffer for 2 more days before getting relief. I went to a different doctor today. She diagnosed me in just a few minutes. The dang CT Scan that I wrote about earlier was so not necessary. That really ticks me off. So anyway, a steroid shot and 800mg of Ibuprofen later and I'm feeling much better. I still have pain when I breathe, but at least it is bearable now.

4 comments:

S.T. said...

Oh no, Paige! I'm so sorry. DH had that a few years ago. He thought he was having a heart attack! He was hospitalized and and it turned out to be pleurisy. I hope you feel better soon. (((Gentle hugs.)))

Paige said...

I can see thinking it was a heart attack. I tell you it is one of the most painful things I've experienced and that includes child birth. I should have gone to the ER on Monday night, but being the stubborn woman I am that didn't happen.

I'm just glad I know what it is now and I'm on the mend. Those steroids and 800mg of Ibuprofen have worked wonders! LOL

Marshamlow said...

I have had it too, glad you are feeling better. For me, it happens when I let my allergies get out of control. I have to remember to take my medication and keep the dust out of the house, stay away from fragrances, bla, bla, bla. It is always a relief when you know what is wrong and then you can move forward.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am sorry to hear you are so sick, but glad you at least know exactly what is wrong. I had that to happen to me 10 years ago. I was having gallbladder attacks, and by the time I got to the ER I was hurting so bad in my chest they thought I was having a heart attack. The nurse told me that gallbladder attacks often mimic a heart attack. Hope you feel well real soon !!