Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's getting to be that time of year.

The time for a nice fire in the fireplace. Sitting in front of a fire has always been on of my favorite things to do during the winter. It just reminds me so much of home. My grandparents didn't have central heat and air. I remember lying in bed waiting for my grandfather to go start a fire before braving the cold myself to make the trek to the living room. In those days you started fires with kindling and real wood. When I was a little older they came out with the gas logs. Those were nice and easy with no clean up. As a teenager I liked those better just because I was pretty lazy and while I still loved to sit in front of a fire I didn't like the clean up that went along with it. Now they have thia really cool thing called fire glass. It is really pretty and still low maintenance, but you know I think I prefer the real wood thing. LOL The smell. The memories it evokes. The only problem is................I'm still pretty lazy and don't want to deal with the clean up. LOL

No comments: