Sunday, November 18, 2007

It wasn't pretty, but it was a win.


You can't always ask for pretty wins. We didn't get one yesterday. I'm just happy we pulled it out. Our defense played really well and kept us in the game. Our offense played better in the second half, but man oh man that first half was ugly. We ended up with 4 turnovers. How we won with 4 turnovers (2interceptions 2 fumbles) I'll never know. Oh wait! Our defense! They helped out a lot there. LOL

Here are some stats from the game:
1. 283 total yards (184 rushing 99 passing)
2. Knowshon broke 100 yards again. He had 136.
3. Thomas Brown had 78 rushing yards.
4. Heck, even Stafford had 10 for a TD. LOL
5. Asher Allen had an 82 yard kickoff return to start the game (that was fun!! To bad we fumbled it before we could score).


I know I don't talk much about our defense, but I think I should start. We have a freshman who is fantastic. Rennie Curran. Yesterday he had 12 solo tackles. All year this kid just seems to be all over the place. He always knows where the ball is and it gets to it fast! If he stays healthy is going to get better and better.

I'm sure there is much more to talk about, but I've got kids demanding my attention. LOL Ahhh, the joys of parenthood. ;-)

Next up for my Dawgs......................those pesky Bees. For those of you who don't know that is the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. They are looking to ruin our season. We are looking to squash them. Should be a fun game.

No comments: