Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's been 8 years? Really?

As my wonderful husband blogged about earlier, it is 8 years ago tonight that the Tennessee Titans opened what was then called Adelphia Coliseum. I remember that year well. I was lucky enough to go to almost every regular season game. I think the only one I missed was because I went to the Georgia/Florida game in Jacksonville.

I remember how that team played with so much heart. I had no intention of being a Titans fan. I had been a Miami Dolphin fan my entire life and never thought any team could worm their way into my heart. The Titans did though. It was not a pretty season. We won every home game that year, but they were mostly ugly wins. That team played with heart and they won my heart.

I bought a Frank Wycheck jersey pretty early in the year and wore it for every game, but still didn't consider myself a huge Titans fan. That changed during our first playoff game. While my husband was on the field for the "Music City Miracle" I was not lucky enough to get tickets to that game. I was sitting in my recliner at home watching. When the Bills scored to go ahead with 16 seconds left in the game I called my mom crying (this was when I knew I was a true fan...........only one other team had ever been able to make me cry and I'll let you guess which team that was. LOL). But, just a couple minutes later I was jumping up and down in the middle of my living room and crying for a completely different reason. Yep, I was hooked. I've been hooked ever since.

As we sit here with another football season upon us I remember the great time I had that first year. I miss going to the games. I have to content myself with watching at home and maybe get lucky enough for a friend to invite me with an extra ticket.

No comments: