Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm a professional..............really!

Granted I don't work in an office and I don't sit behind a desk all day, but I am a professional. I even have a desk. Not a desk as nice as these executive desks, but a desk nonetheless. It really bugs me that teachers aren't always treated like professionals. A lot of people look down on us because we don't make as much money or they think we have a "cushy" job because we get summers off. You know that saying "Those who can do and those who can't teach."? I absolutely HATE that saying. Well, I don't know many "professionals" who could do what I do every day. I think anyone who thinks I have a "cushy" job just needs to come spend a day in my kindergarten classroom. They will leave with a completely different prospective.

No comments: