Sunday, April 27, 2008

Did I have fun?


What do you think? We had a BLAST!!! The weather held out and we were able to walk around downtown with no rain. We met up with some other fan club members at Rippy's. We only bought one drink there b/c a very small rum and coke was over $6. Umm, yeah. I'll pass thanks. At around 6:30 we headed over to stand in line where we get our fan club tickets. We got section 3 (on the floor) row N which translates to be 14th row. Not bad at all!!!

Daughtry came on first. When we saw them in Mohegan we really enjoyed it, but here we were just feeling a little impatient. It's not that they aren't good. They are, but we were just ready for Jovi. Both Lisa and I kept looking at our watches. It was pretty funny.

You could just feel the excitement. Once the lights went down the place went wild. The boys came out on stage and went immediately into "Lost Highway." It was great!! They put on a pretty rockin' show. Very few ballads this time. It was pretty mainstream stuff too. I was a little disappointed by that since I wanted to hear a couple of non-mainstream songs myself. LOL I was not, however, disappointed in the show. The audience was into it the entire night. Very few people were sitting. Unlike Mohegan where there were rows and rows of people sitting. Yeah, I don't sit at a Bon Jovi concert!!! It was HOT though. Jon was sweating by the end of the second song and I wasn't far behind. LOL I so wished I had a hair twisty so I could put my hair up. I was burning up. I didn't mind much though. I was watching my man sweat his ass off so it was all good. *sigh*

They had a couple special guests show up too. Big and Rich stopped by to sing "We Got It Goin' On" and Leann Rimes (grrrrr) stopped by to sing "Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore." Can I just say that I did NOT appreciate it at all when he kissed her? I was NOT happy!!! LOL I have a hard enough time dealing with the fact that he is married. He does not need to be kissing up on some blonde chick. Ok, so he can kiss up on this redhead whenever he wants, but not some blonde chick!!! ROFLMAO

It was a fabulous show and of course I am in "post concert depression" mode. *sigh* I sure wish they would announce the Boston summer dates so I'd have something to look forward to. *sigh*

Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!!

I want this look directed towards me!!! Love it!!!


Can I come back in another life as his mic? Please!!!!!


Love that smile!! *sigh*


Okay, so maybe THIS is the look I want directed at me. *sigh*



Gotta get that "butt shot." Can't leave a Jovi concert without it. ;-)


There's that beautiful smile again. *sigh*



Oh yeah.................for an encore they played "I Love This Town." He told us that no matter how many times he plays this song for other towns/cities that we have to know that it is for us (Nashville). Here is a video of his introduction to the song. He may love Nashville, but not as much as Nashville loves Bon Jovi.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was the night of a lifetime, in more ways than one! On to round THREE!!!!

chez bez said...

More ways than one? Now I'm curious. ;)

I'm glad you two had such fun. The pics are great!

Paige said...

Just the bar thing honey. Nothing you haven't heard about. ;-)

peach said...

I know you had a blast!! The pics are great!! Thanks for sharing for those of us that couldn't be there. :)

lissac67 said...

yeah, night of a lifetime in that you may only get that close once. LOL Oh wait, we aren't giving up!!