Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Trying something new with Ari tonight

Okay, this whole "I'm not going to sleep until 10pm" thing that Ari is going through has to stop. So, tonight I tried something different. I had dinner finished earlier than usual and both kids have had a bath already. I'm giving Ari a little down time before she has to go to bed. Usually we are rushing to get things done before it is bedtime and it kinda gets her all wound up. I think that may have something to do with her not sleeping. I've also given her medicine for her stuffy/runny nose. Now, I'm sure the medicine will help some, but I'm hoping that this new routine will be just the thing. Especially after today. We had a very rough morning at home and she had a rough morning at school with a couple meltdowns. It's all because she isn't getting enough sleep. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think our kids are on the same schedule... JJ was up until 10:30 Sunday, almost 9:00 Monday and 9:15 last night. It's wearing me out! I need that time between 7:30 and 10:00 to get my chores done! Maybe I should teach him how to clean the kitchen...