Sunday, January 28, 2007

Damn I'm good!!

The bunk beds were delivered today right before Michael had to go to work. So, it was left up to me to get them put together so Joshua would have a place to sleep tonight. Only problem was.............no instructions!! Turned out not to be much of a problem though. Once I was able to determine which screws went with which part the rest was a piece of cake. Well not so much keeping the kids out of the room so they wouldn't get hurt. At first it was easy because I put the bottom part of the top bunk at the door and they couldn't move it. LOL Anyway, the beds are put together and ready for a 3 year old to sleep. We still need to get the twin mattress for the top bunk, but at least he can sleep on the bottom for now. There is quite a bit more space in his room now too.

We put Joshua's old bed in Ari's room because we are missing the rails and slats for the wrought iron bed. They are at Granddad's house in his attic so as soon as we get over there to get them I'll trade those beds. I put her new comforter set on..........the one she picked out and let me just say that man it is PINK!! I also bought her a lamp with a pink shade and when it is turned on the entire room has a pink glow. For a mommy who doesn't like pink that much it's not a place enjoy being in! LOL I do love that it looks more like a little girl's room now though. We will see how she sleeps in a big bed tonight. Hopefully since she didn't get a nap today we will have no problems.

Anyway, both rooms are done.........for the most part. I'll post pictures when we get them completely done.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hey that's great. The bunkbed will come in handy for extra sleep over guest too. Can't wait to see Ari's room. I don't like pink either.