Saturday, January 27, 2007

Do you believe in ghosts/spirits?

This question was posed to me tonight so I am asking you. Do YOU believe in ghosts?

I believe. I have never had a real experience with ghosts other than a Ouija board experience that made a whole group of us (grown men included) swear off of them forever. I've had feelings that I wasn't alone in a room and such too, but I've never seen anything. I have a cousin, however, who did. She lives in my grandparents' old house and she was sleeping in my grandmother's room. She saw Ma one night. She has refused to sleep in that room since then. No matter that we tell her Ma was there to check on her and that she would never do anything to hurt her she just can't bring herself to sleep in there anymore. I swear that my kids can see my grandparents. There have been many occasions where they are looking off at something/someone laughing, reaching up and playing and I can't get their attention. One night I was putting Joshua to bed and he was looking over my shoulder just talking and laughing. He wouldn't look at me. I just sat there watching him and wishing I could see them too. When he was finished playing (or they were) he smiled and said, "Night night!" Then he looked at me as if surprised I was sitting there.

Have you ever had an experience with a ghost? Do you believe? I'd love to hear your story.

6 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

When my son and I moved into the house we live in now, we believed we had a polgergeist; the thermostat would flip back and forth between 50 and 92, and I'd walk into a bathroom finding the water running full blast.

I would have thought it accidental or my own absent-mindedness until I stood in my dining room one evening after getting the house in ship shape. I was reflecting on the new place, when one piece of paper sitting on the counter just slid 3 feet to the left. No windows open, no flipping, flying, flailing..it just "transferred" to another location.

I never saw a particular image(person), and it's been awhile since I ran into my poltergeist. Hope I do...

Breazy said...

Hmmm this is a hard question . When I was younger I experienced a weird thing. Some friends and me were telling ghost stories of old houses in the area . There was an old abandoned house that was said to be haunted about a mile off the road in the woods . My friends and I decided we were going to spend the night in that house and see who chickened out first . We had two adults go with us since we were only like eleven . We packed up like we were going camping and set off after supper .

That night each one of us had our own experience but we were too scared to alert the others for fear of drawing attention to ourselves from whatever it was we were hearing . The next morning as soon as daylight came we packed up and left and never went back to the house. Later that day we all talked about what we had experienced and come to find out the adults had experienced something as well. I was awakened in the night to hear booted feet moving up and down the stairway in the back of the house. It was a sound I will never forget. To this day I have never been back to that house and I don't plan to go anytime soon ! While hearing the sounds up and down the stairs all of my friends and adults were there in the room asleep near me so it wasn't them.

Breazy said...

Just curious but what part of Tennessee do you live in ?

peach said...

When I was younger, my best friend was a clairvoyant. Her mom was one too. Both were healers, as well. For our senior trip, we took a cruise and i fell down flight of metal stairs. I did a number on my knee; Jamie healed me. Don't ask me how, but she did. I'm Catholic, so I'm not into all of that mess, she did it. I've always wished that I could feel my family that have gone before me. btw, what happened to your email??

Beth said...

We have had several experiences. Hailey was 9 months old when my stepdad passed away. And a little over a year old when my great grandmother passed. She never met her. She came running in crying a few months ago and said she missed great granny so much. Even though she had never met her.
My mother and stepdad lived in a house of presence. You would hear knocking on the walls, you could open the door to a mans scent. But the kicker is when we was sitting at the kitchen table and one of the girls sippy cups slid across the table. It slid from my side of the table to Momma's. OMG I started freakin' out. I could do on and on. Yes I do believe!!

LeBlanc said...

My house may be haunted:

http://naturaldeficiency.wordpress.com/2006/11/09/boo-gotcha-gotcha/