Thursday, January 18, 2007

I need a nap

I got very little sleep last night. I was up late trying to decide if I was going to keep Joshua home again today. He was sick the night before throwing up, but seemed to be better yesterday. Well, he refused to eat dinner last night and was complaining that his tummy hurt. I didn't know if should keep him home one more day or not. The decision was taken out of my hands at around 11pm. He woke up whining that his tummy and head hurt and about 5 minutes later he puked again. So I called off work to stay home with him. I finally went to bed around midnight and he was still up with his daddy. I'm not sure what time they went to bed, but around 2:30am Joshua fell out of his bed and was awake for 45+ minutes whining. He was unhurt and wouldn't tell me why he was still whining other than saying, "I just want to cry." Yeah, that didn't make me very happy. He finally went to sleep, but about 30-45 minutes later he was awake again. This time only for about 30 minutes or so. I finally got back to sleep around 4am and then Ari was awake at 6:30am. *sigh* So now I'm exhausted and in need of a nap. Problem is neither of the kids is taking one. I'm actually not forcing it so that maybe (just maybe) they will go down easily tonight at bedtime. Makes for a pretty grumpy mommy though especially when everything out of the 3 year old's mouth is whiny and he keeps aggravating the snot out of the almost 2 year old.

No comments: