Wednesday, January 24, 2007

SCORE!!!!

How's this for luck? As you know, we have been looking for bunk beds for Joshua's room. Well, guess what happens today? A fellow teacher sends out an email at school announcing that she is giving away (you know..........for FREE) a bunk bed/futon combo to the first person to reply. I quick send her a message, but unfortunately I'm not the first. I find out who was and go to give her a hard time. She ends up telling me that I can have it!! I didn't intend to get it. I just wanted to mess with her, but she said she didn't really need it so I could have it!! I'm so excited!! We still have to get a mattress for the twin bed up top, but that's no biggie. Now I can buy linens for both beds immediately instead of getting them along and along like I was going to do.

Now all we have to do is figure out how to get it here. She doesn't think it will fit in my van even with the 3rd row down and the captain's chairs out. We don't know anyone with a truck (how sad is that?). She said she would talk to her husband about delivering it for me. That would be great. Hopefully we will have it by this weekend.

I'm taking his current mattress and putting it on the wrought iron frame I have for Ari so she will get out of her toddler bed too. We will sell his old full sized bed frame. I now have to decide how to decorate their rooms. Joshua has sports posters (Braves and Titans...................hmmm no UGA stuff..............gotta do something about that!) on his walls now and I guess I could stay with that theme. Ari doesn't have a theme so I'll be starting from scratch with hers.....................ohhhh fun!!!

Know anybody who needs a full sized bed frame? Let me know, I'm selling for cheap. ;-)

7 comments:

Paige said...

Yeah, Sal...........no Chargers stuff.......sorry. UGA? Titans? Sure, but no Chargers. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by.

Paige said...

Let's do talk about YOUNG starting QBs............you know as in VINCE YOUNG!!! Now he is exciting and I expect great thing to come out of him. I just wish we would have started him at the beginning of the season as opposed to Kerry Collins (WTF were they thinkin'?). Even after starting 0-5 we just missed the playoffs (lost to the damn Pats when all the other crazy things happened that needed too) by one game. I have to say that I was hoping we would get him in the draft and not Leinart. I wouldn't have minded getting the Vandy boy, Jay Cutler, either but Vince was the one I wanted.

Paige said...

Just so you know for future disagreements................I'm ALWAYS right. Just ask my husband!! LOL

I'm really looking forward to the next few years with Vince. He is so fun to watch. I hope he can stay healthy. I cringe when he takes off running even while loving it. I've noticed though that unlike Michael Vick he doesn't immediately take off and run. He gives his receivers time to get open and the play develop before he decides to take off. Vick drives me nuts. He thinks it's all about him.

Paige said...

He seems to have it really. He usually gives lots of credit to his line and his receivers. He downplayed the whole big thing about going back to Houston to play after they snubbed him (hometown boy and all that) in the draft. The media tried to make a big deal out of it and he really just said he was happy to be where he was and all that. He didn't try to rub it in after we beat them by his 30 some odd yard touchdown run in OT either. LOL

Paige said...

Oh and he has really earned the respect in the locker room as well as with the media here. They really think highly of him. He has endeared himself to fans as well.

Paige said...

Gotta be Da Bears as I just cannot pull for Peyton. What kinda wager?

Paige said...

Sure I'm game.

You know, it would have more sting if I were actually a Bears fan. LOL