Monday, January 01, 2007

How incredibly sad

Sorry to start the new year off with such a sad story. Corner Back Darrent Williams with the Denver Broncos was shot and killed in a drive by shooting last night. A car pulled up beside his Hummer limo and started shooting. He was killed and 2 others were injured. Click here for the story.

This just sickens me. Why do people do stuff like this? These people have completely changed the course of 2 children's lives. They are now without a father. The person/people who have done this have also ruined their own lives. They will get caught and they will go to jail for the rest of their lives. It just makes no sense.

My heart goes out to the family of Darrent Williams..........his real family as well as his football family.

3 comments:

Merritt Fields said...

I'm still wondering if he was the intended target???

This is very, very sad.

Did you hear that Champ Bailey was one of the first at the hospital to see him??

Paige said...

Yeah, I read that. I feel so bad. When I read the headline and it said "a Denver CB" my first thought was of Champ and I was relieved that it wasn't him. That made me feel guilty. :-(

Unknown said...

All of us are devastated by this tragedy. To lose a young player, and more important, a great young man such as Darrent Williams, is incomprehensible. To lose him in such a senseless manner as this is beyond words. My deepest feelings, all my thoughts and prayers, go out to Darrent’s mother and family.
Such a wild killing.. to be shooten in own Hummer limo.. I have no words..
Darrent was a wonderful young man, and his passing is a great loss for his family, the Broncos and the city.