Monday, March 10, 2008

O.M.G. *sigh*

I had a wonderful weekend. What did I do? I went to see Bon Jovi!!!! OMG!! I love that man (sorry honey!) My friend, Lisa, and I had fan club tickets on the floor for the show. It is the closest I've been since they had general admission when I was 17 years old. We were so close!!! I could see that beautiful smile without having to look up at the screens. It was amazing. Of course he was singing just for Lisa and me. Forget about the other 10,000 people in the arena. It was ALL FOR US. *sigh* They played the arena inside the Mohegan Sun casino. It was a packed house and very loud. I loved it. I have to say that Jon sure knows how to work the crowd. He is very good at seduction. *sigh*

It was an adventure getting to the show though. I flew into Providence on Friday night and of course my flight was delayed for over an hour. Lisa picked me up and we went to eat. It had started raining and boy did it rain. It wasn't too bad on Friday night, but Saturday it was crazy. We were going to go into Boston on Saturday before the show since I've never been there, but with the rain we decided to scratch that idea. We got to sleep in a little bit though so that was nice. When we got up we had to get to our hotel in Mystic, CT. It was not a fun drive between the high winds and rain. We finally made it there and checked in. We had about an hour to get ready before we had to leave for the show. We were so excited!! LOL The drive to the casino was worse than the drive to the hotel. The rain was blowing sideways!! Of course the parking garage was full so that meant we had to park in an uncovered lot with all that rain. We got lucky though and found a spot close to the garage so the walk to cover was very short. Once we got inside the casino we found that it was packed. Finding something to eat was not going to be easy. All of the restaurants were on a several hour wait. We finally found the food court (this place is huge by the way) and had pizza. We had to stand up to eat it though. After dinner we decided that we needed to lose some of our clothes (get your mind out of the gutter......we had on 3 shirts and it was hot!!), but we also realized that we left the all important ticket confirmation in the car. Yeah, we had to go back out into the rain. LOL When we came back inside we went to the fan club ticket table to pick up the tickets. We were a little disappointed that we got 17th row, but when we got into the arena and sat down we got over that really quickly. LOL They were great seats!!

Daughtry opened the show. I knew he was on American Idol (I watched the 2 shows Jon was on that season! LOL), but I hadn't heard anything he had done on his own. He wasn't bad and definitely not hard on the eyes. A very nice way to pass the time until Jovi. They came onstage at around 9pm and for 2 hours and 45 minutes they rocked the house. I screamed. I sang. I even cried a little when he sang Hallelujah. I absolutely love that song. I'll post a short video of part of it in a little while. I did not want the show to end. I always get after concert depression when a show ends. It's a sickness. LOL Luckily we have the show in Nashville to look forward to in April. Maybe one this summer too. We'll know more about that when the summer dates come out. I'm excited!!

Luckily it had stopped raining when we left for the hotel. We got back to the hotel and immediately had to look at the over 300 pictures we took. There was a lot of giggling and sighing going on to be sure. LOL We got to bed around 3am (with the time change). The next morning we headed into Boston. It was very windy and COLD though. No matter. We just bundled up and went walking. I got to see the Boston Harbor and a little bit of downtown. I'll go on a tour the next time I'm there so I can see all of the historical sites. We didn't have time this trip. When we left Boston we headed to dinner with another friend. We didn't get home until after 10pm and of course were up looking at the pictures on the computer screen for another hour or so. With about 5 hours sleep we headed to the airport for me to come home.

I'm exhausted, but happily so. It was well worth it. I can't wait until April when Lisa comes here for the next show. I'm so excited!!!


chez b├ęziat said...

C'mere. ;)

Paige said...

Heehee! *sigh*

Lisa said...

That was one amazing night!