Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sickness has once again come to our house.

No, it's not the kids this time either. It's me again. It started around 11pm last night with a massive sore throat. I woke up this morning with the same sore throat and a little headache and body aches thrown in (and they weren't from working out although I have some of those too). I made an appointment at the clinic as soon as I got to school. I went at 10am feeling like I'd been run over by a Mack truck. I have strep throat. This is only the second time in my entire life I've ever had it. Let me just say that it SUCKS!!! I've found out that you don't have to have a fever to feel completely miserable. I had the body aches, pains, and chills like a fever, but no fever. That did hit once I got home and went to bed though. I've been ordered to stay home tomorrow as well as leave work early today. I hate not being at school. The work just piles up horribly. I haven't even done lesson plans for next week. That means that Monday is going to be lots of fun. Watch, that will be the day that the principal comes around checking!

This seems to be the year of crazy sicknesses for me. I usually get sick in September with a cold and stay sick pretty much until spring. Not this year though. I've been pretty lucky in the cold department, but I've had pleurisy and now strep this year. I've been out of school 5 days because I was sick. That seldom happens. If I'm out it is usually because one of the kids are sick. I hate this!! I feel so guilty being out when I'm sick. Especially if I start feeling even a little bit better. Then I feel like I could have gone in. Know what I mean?

2 comments:

Leesa said...

Ohhh, I feel for ya. I rarely get sick, but I was hit with a doozy just recently. It's miserable.

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, sorry to hear you are feeling bad. You should stay home and rest dear. Best wishes for a speedy recovery (now back to bed Missy!)