Thursday, February 08, 2007

The journey begins

The weight loss journey that is. A group of us started working out today after school. It was somewhat hilarious, but it was fun and we can all motivate each other and kick each other in the butt if we don't show up each afternoon. We are accountable! This is a good thing for me. Otherwise I will get lazy and decide not to go.

I've decided that I am going to set mini goals. Like 10 lbs at a time. That way I can celebrate after each 10 lbs and feel like I am making progress. I've started this journey many times in the past and have failed miserably. I'm hoping that this time is different.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I am doing the same thing. I will not cross my fingers but I will challenge you to a contest. Let’s pick a start date, agree on the rules, and race to 10. I have already lost 6 so far this year. The next 10 will be tough for me. What say you?

Beth said...

Good Luck!! Last summer hubby dropped at least 50 lbs. He drank only water and walked everyday. He changed to wheat bread (yuck). I have to start exercising too, my cholesterol is a little high. That and I need to lay off the Reese's. LOL.

{{{{HUGS}}}

Paige said...

How 'bout we start on Monday and race to 10? I still think it may be a little unfair, since men tend to lose weight easier/faster than women, but I'm game. LOL

Anonymous said...

“Men loose faster” bla bla bla … LOL

It’s all about gettingproperly motivated. Ra Ra Ra … Yea my girls were all cheerleaders.

Any way … Woo Hoo, game on!