Saturday, October 18, 2008

UGA 24 (6-1) Vandy 14


I have to say that was a pretty good game. I enjoyed it. There were a few times I was rolling my eyes or wanting to throw things at the tv. That's to be expected with this game though. Vandy always plays us well. I hated seeing the dejected looks on their faces though. They have nothing to be ashamed of really. I know I'll be pulling for them the rest of the season. Like I have on all other games with the exception of today. LOL

Knowshon and A.J. both had amazing games today. I really do love watching those kids play football!! Our defense had 2 interceptions although there were like 3 others that should have been picked off. Stafford threw 2 himself. I didn't count the penalties today, but I think we had fewer than normal. Feel free to correct me on that one if you know for sure. LOL

Here are the stats for the day.

1. Stafford was 13 of 23 for 194 yards and 2 TDs.
2. Moreno ran for 172 on 23 carries and 1 TD (I think he is at 11 on the season).
3. Green caught 7 passes for 132 yards.
4. Total rushing yards was 231.
5. Total overall yards was 426.

Up next week is LSU. Not incredibly nervous about that game, but will be anxiously watching. This game is @ LSU and that is always a hard place to play so it will not be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination.

GOOOO DAWGS!!!

2 comments:

peach said...

Woo-hoo!!! I TiVo'd the game, thankfully. I've been so busy today, that I didn't even get to watch any of it online. Hope things weren't too tense in your house today. ;)

Anonymous said...

I was glued to the TV, as usual.

They came out and showed us what their high powered offense is made of.

The only thing that scares me about the DAWGS now is their secondary.

Well, and their penalties..which they've gotten a lot better about last couple of games.

Anyway, GO DAWGS!!!