Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I thought we made a breakthrough tonight.

I was wrong. Joshua is potty trained...............almost. He stays dry all day in underwear. Our problem lies in the pooping on the potty thing. He absolutely refuses to do it. I'm not sure what his hang up is at this point. He has done it a couple times, but not in a very long time. Tonight we talked about how all his friends do it and that only babies wear diapers. He said that he didn't want to be a baby, he wanted to be a big boy. I even bribed him with stickers! He was all excited to do it. We went to the potty and he sat there..........................and sat there. We were in the bathroom for about half an hour. He kept saying that he wanted to poop and he didn't want to get off the potty. Finally, I just had to give up. I put a diaper on him and within minutes I had to change him. I'm not sure what to do to get him to go on the potty. Any been there done that advice? Please share!

No comments: