Saturday, September 23, 2006

Did I really say that I love football?

I hate football!! LOL Well not exactly, but I sure don't like close games. Today my Dawgs (ranked # 9) played Colorado (unranked). It had to be the most horrible game I've seen Georgia play in a very long time. The first 3 quarters were a disgrace. Stafford was 8 of 16 for 76 yards (I can forgive this somewhat considering he is a freshman, but this is the SEC and he needs to be ready!). We couldn't run the ball. We had 27 rushes for only 54 yards. We fumbled 3 times and lost 2 of them. Only 3 of 11 on third down? You cannot win like that. I certainly hope that they fix this before we get into the heart of our SEC schedule. We cannot expect to beat the big boys playing like we did today. Heck, we almost lost to an unranked team who had lost their last 7 games (if I remember correctly). I have to say though that we looked much better in the 4th quarter. Joe Cox came in and threw for 154 yards completing 10 of 13 passes. Our defense forced and recovered a fumble and intercepted a pass to secure the victory. Our final touchdown came with 46 seconds on the clock. Only 46 seconds people!! Do you know what that does to a heart? We only won by 1 measly point and the winning score came with 46 freakin' seconds on the clock!! I HATE games like that. Way too stressful!! At least I wasn't watching on tv. I don't know where my foam brick is and throwing anything else might break my new tv!! Michael would have been rolling his eyes too since I would have been on my knees with my head on the floor there at the end. LOL

Big sigh of relief for now. I'm sure Coach Richt will correct what went wrong today and we will come back strong next week against Ol' Miss.

No comments: