Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Dancing With the Stars

Okay, I'll be the first to say that I absolutely HATE reality TV. But, I also have to admit that I have found ONE that I am addicted to. I LOVE Dancing With the Stars. This is the first season I've watched and I started watching it because Emmitt Smith was one of the contestants. Emmitt is my absolute favorite football player (yeah, I realize that it's weird that a huge UGA fan's favorite football player used to play for the hated Gators). A lot of people thought that he wouldn't be any good, but I knew he would. Have you ever seen him run a ball on the football field? I also used to watch him do the "Emmitt Shuffle" when he was in college! LOL He's got the moves!! Emmit is doing great and I do my part by voting each week.

I do like some of the others too. Vivica A. Fox is a wonderful dancer and I love her attitude. Sara Evans is looking more comfortable as the weeks go on and she put on a heck of a performance this week.

The show brings back a lot of great memories from college too. Instead of taking a regular PE class I opted to take ballroom dancing. I had the best time and learned a lot. I even took the class after I had satisfied my PE credits. We didn't have enough guys in the class (imagine that!) so a couple of the guys in the Ballroom Dance Society would come in to help. I was paired with one guy every time. He taught me 2 very important things: 1. If a man can lead I can dance. 2. It is always the man's fault. [Now he said that it only applied in dancing, but I prefer to apply it to everyday life! ;-) ] He used to drive me nuts though. If I even thought about looking at my feet when we were dancing he would immediately stop. He would make me look him in the eyes the whole time. This isn't usually a problem, but I was attracted to him (I had a thing for men who could dance or sing) and being the shy person that I am I had a very hard time doing that. LOL I just knew that he would be able to tell. Anyway, I had so much fun dancing and I miss it. Watching the show makes me wish I could get back into it. I was never and will never be good enough to compete, but it is great fun, not to mention good exercise.

No comments: