Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Counting down!

One of my fellow teachers told me today that we only have 12 more school days until our fall break!! WOOHOO!! It's hard to believe that our first 9 weeks is almost over. I'm excited though. We will have 2 weeks off and during that 2 weeks I have my girls' weekend with my 2 best friends. We rent a cabin in Blue Ridge, GA. What do we do in Blue Ridge you ask? Absolutely nothing!! And, that's the way we like it. We get there on Friday afternoon and usually meet at the grocery store. We buy everything we will need for the weekend and drive to the cabin. Once there we change into nice comfy clothes, bring out the books/movies/gossip, sit around and do nothing. We will cook chili on Saturday and watch our Dawgs play Tennessee. Well, Nat and I watch, but we make Nicol stay away from the tv. She is bad luck! LOL We usually make good use of the hot tub on Saturday night and of course the wine or whatever. On Sunday we will get dressed to go to one of the apple orchards for candy and carmel apples. When we leave there we go to the wonderful ice cream shop downtown for some of the best ice cream I've ever had. Then it's back to the cabin. We get up on Monday morning to go back to reality. This is a yearly thing for us. This will be the 3rd year we have gone to Blue Ridge. It's nice to get away for a few days with no responsibilities and to visit with my best friends. We don't get to see each other often now that we live in 3 different states. This is usually the only time we get to see each other and we all look forward to it. Only 22 days until I get to relax!! I can't wait!!

4 comments:

chez bez said...

I'm sorry but any use of a hot tub that does not include me can not be regarded as good use of a hot tub.

Have fun. I love you.

Beth said...

Oh that sounds wonderful. Maybe that's what I need. I don't think I could do it though. Leaving Hubby with three girls...hmmm nope don't trust the idea..LOL{{{HUGS}}}}

admin said...

Sounds fab!!! I need more details on these cabins!! I could go ALONE!! LOL

Paige said...

Gina, honey, I'd go with you. LOL I could always use more than one girls' weekend. LOL Email me and I'll be happy to forward the cabin info. ;-)