Wednesday, August 09, 2006

*YAWN*

Going back to work is tiring. I've been back for pretty much 3 weeks with only 5 days with kids and I am completely exhausted. I guess my summertime naps did more harm than good. LOL Friday can't get here fast enough. Michael told me today that I could sleep in on Saturday. I can't wait!

As for my class....................I have a pretty good class this year. We had Parent Night last night and it went well. I have a lot of parent volunteers which is always nice. I had about 6 people sign up to be Room Mother. I guess it can't hurt to have a Room Mother Committee. LOL That should make things easier for me and for them. I'm hoping for a great year.

6 comments:

admin said...

Good luck! So far so good with 1st grade this year! I can only imagine being on your end too!

S.T. said...

Ah....a room mother committee! That sounds like heaven. I was the only room mother last year in Hannah's kindie class and it was hard!

Good luck this year. Hannah's in first grade now so I might have some questions for you. :)

Paige said...

Ask away Stefanie. I'll be happy to help with anything I can. First grade is a very fun and magical time. I don't want to teach any other grade really.

Beth said...

Paige, Haileys first 2 days of school have been the hardest thing I have done. She was yelling, kicking and screaming for me and I had to walk out leaving her like that. But I know I done what's right for her. Yesterday wasn't as bad as the first. Will she adjust soon? LOL, she is still refusing to go back. LOL

Paige said...

Beth, it will get better and actually I'd almost bet that that a couple minutes after you walked out she was fine. The first week or so is sometimes hard. She will be fine with it all in a few days when they really get into the fun stuff of kindergarten.

Beth said...

Her teacher said she was great after we left. It's just so hard to see and hear her cry (briefly) and having to be stern that she has to stay. She told me tonight that if I don't go in, she doesn't go in..LOL that's my girl..j/k