Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The papers are signed!!

Finally!!! We signed the papers today at 3pm. The house is no longer ours. Now maybe the stress I've been living with for the past few months will go away. I'll be able to concentrate on my kids, both my 2 wonderful babies and my 1st graders. This has been a horrible experience that I hope I never have to endure again.

We didn't make as much as we thought we would on the house. And, when all was said and done we paid the damn real estate agents (ours and theirs) $2000 more than we actually made on the house. How screwed up is that? I'm thinking about changing jobs if I can make that kind of money on one house. If we had the extra money to keep paying rent and mortgage we would have told them to forget it and put it back on the market. Unfortunately, we didn't have that luxury. We were pretty much forced by financial circumstances to accept it. Oh well, lessons learned.

I'm just really glad that it's over.

3 comments:

sc@vp said...

oh - that SUCKETH!!

Trying2BMe said...

Congratulations on the sell, sorry to hear that it didn't work out quite like you hoped, but as you said, now you can move on. Best wishes with what's on the horizon.

S.T. said...

Congrats on selling the house. I know that's a big weight off you.

I'm with you, I think, once the kids are older, I'm definitely going to look into selling real estate. When we sold our last house, our agents (it was a mother/daughter team) made a few thousand for doing practically nothing but sticking a sign in our yard!