Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pluto not a planet?

I'm not sure how I feel about scientists now saying that Pluto is not a planet. As a teacher it really messes things up! LOL I have to teach a Space unit to my first graders and everything that I have in my unit about the planets includes Pluto....................every book, every activity, every poster, every model of the Solar System..................EVERYTHING!! It could be very expensive to get new stuff for this unit. I don't even have the time to do it slowly this year. Where we usually do our Space unit in the Spring and then take the kids on a field trip to the Adventure Science Center's Planeterium, we have to do it in the Fall this year because they are closing the Planeterium for renovations after Christmas. This means that I start teaching about Space next week!! Anyone want to donate to a good cause?

No comments: