Thursday, August 24, 2006

Teacher Rant

Okay, I understand that you think that your child is the center of the universe. Really, I understand that. I'm glad that you are so involved with his or her education. I am happy to talk to you about it at anytime..................during the day. I have to ask, though, that you do not ask me to call you in the evenings. I have a life and a family outside of my classroom. I have a planning time everyday and I usually stay at least an hour after school. If it is so important that you just have to talk to me about it please try to arrange for one of those times. I understand that you may work and it is hard to schedule things like this, but really this is your child and that should take precedence. If you don't work, I don't think there can be an excuse as to why you can't make a meeting or phone call during the day. I don't even mind if you bring younger siblings.

Oh, and when you ask me to call at a certain time please have the courtesy to not be on the phone!! I hate a busy signal!

Rant over.

1 comment:

Nina said...

Being an educator is so much fun, no? I hear ya, sister!!