Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Who watched Jon Bon Jovi on Idol tonight?

For those of you who know me well, you know that I do not watch American Idol. That is until this week! The star power this week is Jon Bon Jovi! Again, if you know me well you know my obsession with JBJ! I don't miss a tv appearance if I can help it.

Anyway, the contestants all sang Jovi songs. I was afraid all night that I was going to be ticked off because they were going to butcher some of my favorite songs. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. There were about 3 who really messed them up, but for the most part they sounded pretty good. The only one I really didn't like was the guy who did "You Give Love a Bad Name." He added some rap/hip hop to it and it just didn't do it for me. I think if he would have done it straight he would have done pretty well. He had a good voice when he did do it straight.

LaKisha nailed "This Ain't a Love Song." She went in not knowing any Jovi songs (okay, this amazed me. LOL) and she absolutely nailed it!! She was by far the best. I even had chills during her performance. Says a lot if someone other than Bon Jovi can give me chills while listening to one of their songs.

One of the guys (can't remember his name) didn't know all the words to "Wanted." How in the world do you not know all the words to THAT song?

I was made to feel fairly old. One of the girls told Jon that her mom loved them and that she was going to flip. Ummm, she is 17 and that really makes me old enough to be her mom!!! ACK!!

I think the women rocked much harder and better than the guys tonight. I wasn't impressed at all with the guys. The first one did okay, but nothing spectacular.

I'll be watching again tomorrow night. The band is supposed to perform tomorrow and I think they are going to sing their new single (you know, the one that NONE of the Nashville country stations are playing............I won't go on my rant about that one!).

Did you watch? What did you think?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Paige, I chose you for the Thinking Blog Award. Stop by my site and get your badge :)