Sunday, May 13, 2007

What the hell were they thinking?

I mean really! What were they thinking? How can educators ever think that this is a good idea? Haven't heard yet? Well, let me tell you! A school in Murfreesboro thought that staging a fake gunman on the loose to terrorize a bunch of 6th graders was a good idea. As a parent I would go through the roof if that were done to my child. As an educator there is no way I would agree to any part of that. How horrible for those poor kids. I can't imagine the nightmares that this stunt is going to cause those kids. I'm just floored that anyone, particularly people who work with kids on a daily basis, could think this was a smart thing to do.

Punishment for the ones responsible? The Assistant Principal and teacher involved got suspended for the remainder of the school year. Yeah, early start to their summer. (rolling my eyes here) I'm not sure if they will get anymore of a punishment later, but for now that is what was announced.

4 comments:

Breazy said...

OMG!! If my daughter that is in 6th grade had been there I would have slapped some of that stupid staff around..you don't do that crap to kids!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Not only am I speechless, but my brain just crashed altogether, trying to make sense of that. I have to go reboot my head, and hope that didn't really happen.

Beth said...

Mine in in the 6th grade also and I couldn't fathom what I would do if someone done that to my child. I would probably go off on someones A$$ if they did. I hope they punish them to the extent.

admin said...

OMG!! That's just sick!