Friday, May 25, 2007

Swimming lessons are expensive!

I've been looking into swimming lessons for the kids and I'm finding that they are quite expensive. I'm going to have to save money just for them. I've found several for around $150-$160 per child. I thought the YMCA would be a little cheaper, but not really. The Y is $35/session for private lessons, $30/session for semi-private lessons, and $60/session (4 lessons) for group lessons. I'd prefer private or semi-private lessons and that still adds up to a lot of money. *sigh* I did find a place in Hendersonville, Sea Star Swim School, that is somewhat cheaper. I'll give them a call tomorrow. They are $95 for a session (8-10 lessons) for one child and $90 for each additional child. I'd hate the drive, but it would be worth it if I could get my kids swimming. Plus it would make me feel better with them around water.

Do any of my Nashville readers know of anyone else who does private lessons for a good price?

4 comments:

Just Larry said...

Mrs. Fat says go Sea Star, as she knows some of the teachers and thinks they're good kids.

L'il Fat went there and now she swims like a fish.

The Swim Nazi (not her real name) is in Donelson, but after hearing her methods, I decided to be more patient with L'il Fat. Not that she doesn't get results, kids come out of her class half-dolphin.

Paige said...

Thanks, I'm thinking of going that route. I could get both kids in lessons for the price of one at other places.

Kat Coble said...

If I hadn't let my license expire 17 years ago, I'd do it. ;-p

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I don't have any advice, but I was going to check out the YMCA this fall. I have heard of the legendary Swim Nazi from a neighbor. I just don't know about that! ;)

Good luck! I really want both my girls to take lessons.