Tuesday, May 08, 2007

One sick baby

My poor little Ari is so sick. She has thrown up 7 times since 6pm. It is now 8:40pm. I've talked to the doctor and he said to get her an over the counter medication to help with the throwing up. Only problem is that I'm home alone and Joshua is already asleep. We are going to have to wait until Michael gets off work at 11pm before we get any relief. *sigh* My poor baby.

Update: Well, she threw up until around 4am this morning. I was on the phone with the triage nurse around midnight last night. She asked me how many times she had gotten sick. I told her that I stopped counting at 11. I think my biggest concern was dehydration. She hadn't had a wet diaper in over 6 hours. She couldn't keep anything down. Not even the medicine to help her stop throwing up. We were finally able to get her to hold down very small amounts of Sprite. Luckily she had a wet diaper when she woke up this morning. She seems to be doing fine today and hasn't gotten sick again. I'm still giving her just small amounts of Sprite. She ate a couple bites of a peanut butter sandwich, but that is about it. Can't say that I blame her really.

Now I'm starting to feel nauseous. This could be bad with Michael working again tonight. At least I have phenagren if I need it.

I'm still hoping that Joshua doesn't get it. He just wanted to go lie down in his bed though. That is so unlike him. Keep your fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Oh wow..how sad :(
I know how hard it is with sick pets, I can't imagine sick babies :(
Hope she's better soon.