Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I HATE NEEDLES!!!!

So, today really sucked. It started last night actually. Around 6pm my chest started hurting really badly on the right side. By 8pm my whole torso hurt every time I would take a deep breath and I had to take deep breaths because a regular breath didn't feel like it was enough. I took some Tylenol and went to bed at 8:00. I woke up at 2:30am in tears because I hurt so bad. I almost went to the ER. You know it has to be bad for me to even think about that!! Well, I got up this morning and went to work. The school nurse came and listened to my lungs and said that I should go to the doctor. I went. They did a chest x-ray and blood draw (damn if they didn't have to stick me twice!!). The x-rays came back fine. The doctor wants me to have a CT Scan to check my appendix and gall bladder. I go over to the hospital and have to drink this horrible dye. I had to drink 3 (yes 3) cups of the nasty stuff. They take me back for the scan where I have to get more dye through an IV. Now I am a major needle phobe. I hate needles!! I tell the nurses this and we laugh about it. Well, they shouldn't have laughed. They blew 2 veins in my hand before they were able to get the IV in. Yeah, I was not very happy!! Did I mention that I am a needle phobe? I was stuck 5 times today!!!! They were not getting another chance let me just tell you! Anyway, I get to go home after the scan and wait on the call from the doctor. They finally call and tell me that the scan came back negative. So, no problem with my appendix or gall bladder. They tell me that if I am still hurting in a couple days that I should come back in. Umm, so in the mean time what do I do about the pain? Suffer? Yep! They gave me nothing to ease the pain in my chest. It's not like I can just lie still or not move much to help. It hurts when I breathe for crying out loud. I can't stop doing that now can I? Doctors really irritate me.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my gosh Paige, I am so sorry you are in such pain. I hate needles too, I still cry. (It's ok to laugh). Please keep us posted on how you're doing. (((HUGS))) Beth

Paige said...

Beth: There will be no laughing from me on the needle thing. I was crying too. My hand still hurts where they blew my vein.