Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ummm, yeah that's the solution.

Teachers with guns? Ummm, yeah I don't think so. How safe is it to have a gun in a classroom with 18+ children? I'm a teacher and I'm a mom. As both I think this is a very bad idea. I'm not anti-gun in any way, but I just can't see how this can be the solution to the violence we've seen in schools. The guns would be too easily accessible for the kids and how many teachers do you know who are comfortable being around/holding/shooting guns? I don't know many. I grew up with guns in the house and I'm not uncomfortable around them, but I would not want one in my child's classroom. This is just crazy. I'm sure it won't go past the "idea" stage, but still. The thought scares me heck out of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paige, I feel you on this. I was raised with guns and presently teaching my oldest girls gun safety (bb gun). I wouldn't want to even begin to think about teachers carrying guns. I am all for the right to bear arms, but this is getting out of hand. What happened to the good old days where everything was settled with a fist fight? {{{HUGS}}}}