Tuesday, October 10, 2006

2 out of 3 ain't bad!

1. Dry in underware all day.....................check.
2. Poop on the potty.................................check.
3. Dry all night........................................not yet.

He is 3 and I think we are pretty much done with potty training. We will be working on staying dry all night, but he likes to have water close by at night so that may take a little while. I'm just happy that he will now poop on the potty. We've been working on this for about a year now. He refused to do it for the longest time. I'm so proud of my little guy!!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Right there with ya! Sydney, at 3 1/2, is just beginning to stay dry during naptime. I see no end in sight for ditching the night-time pull-ups. And, Sarah, at 2 1/2 seems no where near showing any interest in going near a potty. For some reason though, I've yet to feel to concerned about. Nowadays, I have the attitude that "it will just happen."

Merritt Fields said...

My 3 year old has just started staying dry at night. In fact, we reached a milestone this week...she actually got up in the middle of the night to go potty!!

A trick that worked for us: put underwear on inside of pull-ups...you don't ruin the mattress but you little one will feel it when they're wet.

Paige said...

aisby~That is a great idea. I never even thought about it!! I'll have to try it with my youngest. Joshua has actually been dry at night for about a week now.