Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Boston and Bon Jovi

As some of you know I just spent 4 days in Boston, MA. I went for Bon Jovi. With all of our recent money/car troubles I really really debated going. One deciding factor was that the plane tickets were paid for well before the car trouble started. My friend, Lisa, bought the concert tickets(thanks Lisa! Love ya chick!!!). I'd never been to Boston and then add 2 (yes 2) Bon Jovi concerts to the trip and I really couldn't pass it up. I went. And I had a fabulous time!!! OMG!!! Boston is wonderful. Okay, you have to factor out that they don't know how to drive, and that whoever designed the roads up there needs to be strung up, and they also don't know how to cross a street. Other than those things Boston was great! LOL It really is a beautiful city.

I got up on Wednesday morning around 3:30am to get to the airport and make my 6am flight. I arrived in Manchester (Southwest doesn't fly into Boston) at 10:45am. Lisa was there waiting for me. We stopped off at her house to drop the kids off and iron on my Jovi shirt. Then we were off to Boston. We drove by Harvard. Yeah that's the closest I'll ever be to that particular university. LOL We actually got lost in downtown Boston. This should surprise no one that knows either of us. In our defense though it is very confusing. The roads are crazy!!! We finally found our hotel, The Bullfinch, which is very very close to The Garden where the concert was. We checked in, got a quick bite to eat, checked out Jovi (they are a cover/tribute band), then picked up our fan club tickets for the show. We were in the 12th row on the floor. This is the closest we'd been. Great seats. There were not many tall people in front of us which was really good considering we are both on the short side. Lisa got some amazing pictures on the first night. We got to our seats and were very antsy and ready for Jovi to hit the stage. The All American Rejects opened the show. I have to say that I was not impressed. I much prefer Daughtry that is for sure. When Jovi finally took the stage the place went nuts. Jon was in a fabulous mood and you could tell. He was all smiles and all over the stage. He interacted with the audience all night. It was great. At one point someone threw a Celtics jersey onstage. Jon ripped his shirt off (yeah we just about died!!!) and put on the jersey. Here are a couple pics!

We almost didn't get those pictures because we were so shocked at first! LOL It was a sight to behold as you can see. *sigh* Man that man........................................................whew! The entire night was amazing. After the concert we decided to go bar hopping. We ended up at some hotel bar. Really fancy hotel. As we are sitting at our table we can see a limo pull up outside. Out of this limo steps a few band members (Lorenza, Bobby, and Hugh). We are about to get very excited!!! A little while later we notice some excitement at the front of the bar and then all of a sudden Richie Sambora is walking past our table!! OMG!!!! Neither Lisa nor I could speak. We just kept looking at each other. I think the only thing either of us said was, "Oh my God!!!" Richie ate and then chatted for a little while with this group. Then as he was walking by our table he said, "Good night ladies!!" I was able to find my voice to tell him good night, but OMG!!!! That was Richie Sambora!!!!!! Yeah I was excited!!!! We didn't get any pictures though. He had already waved a couple people off when they asked so we lost our nerve. It was enough to be in the same bar and to speak to him even if it was just to say good night. As we got up to leave and go back to our hotel we saw David Bryan. OMG!! Another major member? Yep. I swear next time we are not going to just sit there in shock. We WILL get pictures!! We finally got back to our hotel and then had to look at all the pictures we did take. We got to bed around 3:30am on Thursday morning. Yeah that was 24 hours after I got up on Wednesday. I was exhausted, but extremely happy!

On Thursday we slept in somewhat. I think we were up around 9-9:30ish. We checked out of the hotel and took our luggage to the car. We then went walking to find something for lunch. We were starving! We ate at Boston Beer Works (I think that is the name of it. Lisa?). Good burger. Of course we couldn't stop talking about the night before or the fact that we had 2nd row seats for that night. Yes you read that right!!! We had 2nd row seats for Thursday night!! OMG!! We walked around downtown Boston for a little while after lunch and then decided that we wanted to take a Duck Tour. To go buy tickets we had to get on the subway. We rode about half an hour to the place we needed to be, but they were sold out for the day. We were exhausted so we decided to go check into our new hotel a little outside of Boston so we could maybe catch a nap before the show. We did get about an hour nap. Soon after that we were dressed and ready we headed back to Boston. It was much easier to find our way this time. We grabbed something to eat then headed to our seats. We got in the arena and OMG!! We were so close!!! It was amazing. Jon was in a really good mood that night too. He came to our little area often, but got flashed by some chick (she had no boobs and was wearing a nasty ugly white cotton bra) and he didn't come over much after that. Witch!!! I could have pulled her hair out for that!! We did get a lot of eye contact and that beautiful smile directed at us often though. Richie made lots of eye contact too. I swear you get a whole new appreciation for them when you are up that close. Even David was getting into the audience. He is a big flirt!! He makes eye contact and smiles really big when he notices you taking his picture. And he DOES notice. LOL We were really close!! We could see the sweat roll off of Jon's face!! OMG!!! We could see the lines at his eyes!!! Yeah we were loving it!! The pictures from this night are absolutely amazing!!!! Here are a few, but you can click the above links to see all of them (well, maybe not all since there were actually over 800, but the ones that were uploaded...........if you want to see them all come see me, I have them on a disc. LOL).

Yes, we did get pictures of the other band members, but I'm a Jon girl so you have to see him. If you want to see the other guys click on the links. ;-) I think we got to bed around 2:20-3:00am that night too. Whew we were tired. And sore!! Lisa and I have decided that we are in desperate need of getting into concert shape. I've never been so sore in my life!!!! I could barely walk after 2 nights of dancing and bouncing on my toes!! Ack!!

On Friday morning we checked the website for the Duck Tours and were able to book at tour. That was fun! We didn't get many good pictures of the city though. The Duck was going too fast for that, but it was fun nonetheless. LOL If you are ever in Boston you have to go on one. The driver was hilarious as were the Ducks. They look like boats rolling along the street AND they are boats. They go in the water too. Pretty cool!! Here is a picture of a Duck.
After the tour we headed out of Boston and into Rockport, MA. I have to say that I've fallen in love! Rockport is beautiful and relaxing and quiet and serene. Did I mention quiet? We walked around for a little while and then went to sit on the rocks and just "chill out" for awhile. We sat there and talked and took some pictures. It was nice to just be still for awhile. The big industry in Rockport is lobster. When you look out over the water you see hundreds of lobster traps. It's really pretty funny. I do want to live there though. *sigh* We left there around 7:30ish headed towards Lisa's house, but made a stop for dinner on the way. When we finally got to Lisa's we were exhausted so we went to bed early.

I don't think we did much on Saturday morning other than look at our pictures again and just relax. My flight left at 4:30pm that evening. I got home around 6pm. Completely exhausted but still flying high. It didn't take long for the PCD (post concert depression) to kick in though. The tour has now ended not only for us, but for the band. Last night was the end at Madison Square Garden in New York. It was a very sad night for these two Jovi fans. *sigh* Now we are looking to the next tour. We have no idea when that will be, but we are starting our Jovi Fund already and looking forward to at least one show of front row seats.

Oh yeah, here is a picture of Lisa and me from second row. Notice that white mic stand to our left? That is where Jon sings. Yeah we were that close!!! OMG!!!!


Lisa said...

OMG!! two nights of a lifetime!! I will never forget how awesome it was!!! I know we were addicted before. But I think seeing them in the bar and second row will be the start of even more trouble! ROFL!!! (Sorry M!!) Great review!! Thank you so much for coming up!

sllimoandbuses said...

We provide luxury transportation in the tri state area.


Susanna said...

All I can say is OH MY GOD (to the pictures). eeeek