Thursday, July 06, 2006

This is why I had kids!! LOL

At bedtime on July 4 I am lying beside my handsome 3 year old. We are talking and singing because he is afraid of the fireworks he is hearing outside. We sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the "ABC Song" so that the fireworks will go to sleep and we talk about school and fireworks to keep his mind occupied so he doesn't hear the fireworks. While we are talking about the fireworks my very observant son informs me that, "Momma, you are pretty like fireworks!" Now ladies and gentlemen this is the reason I had kids!! They do know how to feed the ego!! ROFL

After I was finished showering my son with much deserved kisses for that comment he was able to go to sleep. I had a smile on my face for the rest of the night!! How much better could it get than such a sweet compliment from a 3 year old?

No comments: